Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where do you ship?
We currently ship to all 50 US states. All orders sent to Hawaii or Alaska incur a $24.99 surcharge for 2-day shipping. We currently do NOT ship to any US Territories.
2. How soon will I receive my order?
Please expect your Standard Shipping order to arrive within 5 – 10 business days.
Rush Shipping orders arrive in 3 business days. Please note that Rush Shipping is not available to PO boxes.
3. What payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards (AMEX, VISA, DISCOVER and MasterCard) as well as PayPal (online only). Sorry, checks and money orders are not accepted.
4. What is your Money Back Guarantee?
If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with the product, simply return it within 30 days for a full refund. Customers are required to pay for return shipping. All cameras and components of the system must be included and in "like new" condition.
5. What is your Return Policy?
If you are not satisfied with your Blink products for any reason, you can return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund (less shipping & handling, if applicable). See full details here.
6. Is there a product warranty?
A one-year, limited warranty will accompany all Blink systems. See full details here.
7. What type of phone or device do I need for a Blink system?
You need one of the following devices to set up and operate your Blink System
- An iOS mobile device, software version 12.5 or higher
- An Android mobile device, running software version 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher
- A Fire OS mobile device, running software version 5.1 or higher
8. Why do I need to give my email address?
You will need a valid email to both complete your order and set up your system when it arrives.
Your email will also be used in the event of a password reset, for communication with Blink regarding any inquiries, and for receiving time-limited account confirmation codes.
9. Do I need Wi-Fi to operate my Blink System?
Blink requires a Wi-Fi-based Internet connection to operate. We recommend a non-cellular 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network (name and password) and high speed Internet connection (DSL, Cable, Fiber). Unfortunately, due to high latency issues, using Blink with Satellite providers is not recommended.
10. Do I need to plug anything in?
While the Blink Outdoor and Indoor Cameras are 100% wireless, the Sync Module 2 and Blink Mini cameras both require a standard electrical outlet to provide power.
11. How do I set up my Blink system?
- Download the Blink Home Monitoring App
- Create your account
- Plug the Sync Module 2 into any wall outlet
- Scan your Sync Module 2 and cameras
- Place or mount your cameras
12. Can the Blink app be accessed from more than one device?
Yes. You can download the app to as many iOS and Android devices as you'd like, so the entire household can receive alerts or check in at home. Please note that the app only allows for one active Live View feed at a time.
13. I have multiple Blink systems – can I access them from the same account?
Yes, you can! Available on both the iOS and Android app, you can access and use multiple Blink systems via a single Blink App account. To get started with multi-system support, check out our support article.
14. What is the range of the Sync Module? How far away can cameras be placed?
Assuming a fairly standard home (single building, no unusually dense construction materials), the Sync Module 2 should be able to communicate with Blink units up to 100' away in any direction.
The strength of your internet/Wi-Fi connection is a factor and will determine the distance the system can be from your wireless router. At least three bars of signal strength are recommended.
15. Where can I place my Blink indoor and outdoor cameras?
Blink Outdoor and Indoor cameras can be placed anywhere! With no wires or cords to worry about, Blink battery operated cameras are designed to go where other systems cannot.
Should you choose to place your cameras somewhere other than a shelf, desk, tabletop or other flat surface, the cameras can be attached to the wall or ceiling using the included mounting kit. Learn more about placement of your Blink cameras here.
16. What is the operating temperature of the Blink cameras?
The Blink Indoor camera operating temperature is from 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C). This camera is intended for indoor use only.
The Blink Outdoor camera is weather resistant and has an operating temperature range of -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C). It has an IP65 rating.
Placing the camera outside of its operating temperature voids the warranty. You may also experience poor performance, including lag time issues and a shortened battery life as a result.
17. What if I lose power/Wi-Fi?
If your Wi-Fi connection is lost, the Blink system will automatically resume normal operation as soon as the connection is restored.
18. What are the Silicone Camera Covers used for?
The white camera cover stretches around your camera giving you the option to blend it with your home exterior.
19. What batteries do Blink cameras use? Are they easy to replace?
Blink battery-powered cameras run on two AA Lithium batteries. All systems ship with batteries, and they're easy to replace when the time comes. You can purchase new batteries at your local hardware store, pharmacy or online.
- Alkaline or rechargeable batteries are NOT recommended
- Do NOT use AA Lithium Ion or Li-Ion batteries as these carry a higher voltage and may cause issues with your camera
20. How long do the batteries last?
With standard use*, your Blink cameras will last up to two years on a single set of AA lithium batteries. This incredibly long battery life is made possible through a proprietary chip technology available only in Blink cameras.
*Standard use is defined as 5,882 seconds of live view, 43,200 seconds of motion activated recording and 4,788 seconds of two-way talk on a Blink Outdoor camera. Battery life will vary based on device settings, use, and environmental factors.
21. What are other factors that can affect battery life?
- Placing cameras in high traffic areas and leaving them armed all the time
- Slow internet connection speeds
- Extreme temperatures
- Extended use of the Live View feature
- Weak camera signal strength between sync module and Wi-Fi router
- Using non-AA lithium batteries
22. Can I schedule times for Blink to automatically arm and disarm?
Yes. The scheduled arming feature allows you to set your Blink system to arm and disarm on a set schedule.
23. Can I change the length of the video clips?
The default length for video clips is 10 seconds. You can adjust the timing for each camera to record for up to 60 seconds.
24. Is Live View continuous? Can I record while using it?
The Live View feature allows you to stream up to two minutes of live video at a time. After two minutes, a pop-up will appear asking you if you want to “Continue” and you can tap this button to keep watching.
You can record while in Live View. Simply select in your account settings to save all live views.
25. Will my pet set off Blink's motion detector?
Yes, pets and wildlife are captured with motion detection. To account for this, the motion detection settings on Blink cameras can be adjusted for sensitivity.
26. What is an Activity Zone and Privacy Zone?
The Activity Zone feature allows you to mask off certain regions to prevent excessive motion clips or false alerts. (Ex. A tree branch or flag that waves in the wind.)
Privacy Zones, when set, not only black out a section of the viewable area but also stop any motion detection from happening in that area. (Ex. A view of the neighbor’s front door.)
27. What is the Sync Module 2?
The Sync Module 2 is the control unit for the Blink system. It is included in this special TV offer. Use it to connect a combination of up to 10 of any generation Blink cameras (1st generation Indoor, XT, XT2, New Indoor, Outdoor and Mini).
28. What are the storage options for the Sync Module 2?
OPTION 1: No Storage (Free but not recommended.)
When you have no storage option configured, you receive Motion Alerts that take you to the camera's Live View.
OPTION 2: Local Storage (Free with one-time purchase of a USB) begins automatically when a Sync Module 2 with USB drive is not connected to a Subscription or Free Trial. USB not included.
Your Sync Module 2 supports 64 GB of video, but you can insert a drive with a higher capacity. Learn more about the USB port and local storage here.
OPTION 3: Cloud Storage (Subscription plans from $3 per month.)
- Blink Subscription Basic Plan: Record and store events for a single Blink device on your account.
Blink Subscription Plus Plan: Record and store events for an unlimited number of Blink devices on an account. Access extended warranties and exclusive features like discounts on future Blink purchases and more.Learn more about cloud subscription options here.
29. Do I get a trial of the subscription plan?
When you create a new account after April 15, 2020, and set up your Blink Outdoor, Blink Indoor or Mini camera, you automatically begin a 30-day trial of the Blink Plus Plan subscription.
30. What does the subscription plan include?
Your subscription plan lets you save motion clips and Live View sessions on Blink’s secure servers then access them from the Blink mobile app. Additional camera features and extended warranty are also provided.Learn more about cloud subscription options here.
31. Is a Blink Subscription Plan required to use my Blink cameras?
No. The new Indoor and new Outdoor cameras are automatically equipped with essential features like live view, motion alerts, and two-way audio.
32. How much data does a single clip use?
A five-second motion clip with audio will use up to 750KB of data. This is important to note in the event that you are accessing clips via a cellular network, rather than a Wi-Fi connection.
- OPTION 1: No Storage (Free but not recommended.)
33. How many cameras can I add to a single system?
You can have up to 10 Blink devices per sync module, as long as they are all within the 100ft operating range of the sync module in any direction. The cameras on the sync module can be in any combination. (Note: The Sync Module is not included in the 10-device limit.) Blink Indoor, Outdoor, XT2 and Mini cameras are all compatible on this sync module.
34. Does Blink integrate with Alexa and other Smart Home platforms and devices?
Yes. Blink integrates with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices including Amazon Echo, Dot, Tap, Show, and Spot through the “Blink for Home” skill found in your Amazon Alexa app and IFTTT. All Blink users who own these devices can control their Blink system using their voice.